Friday, August 28, 2009

Mark and I Shred Boondocks. Also get shredded.




disc wound level 9 ninja

Wow, fuck me. I just returned from Boondocks and I am bleeding. Yep, that's my leg, and welcome to Boondocks. I won't blog the course because I already have earlier. Look it up, Renfros. I'll just give you a quick recap of the day. Mark and I played 3 rounds.

I was telling Mark that I think it's a bad idea to "Christian-ize" the forest. Like the trees, hills, shrubs, earth doesn't want an ideology pressed upon its soil/soul. Now most any forest will accept disc golf (as long as you will give discs in return), due to its low footprint, but you can't go into a natural area, into eons of life and death and life (folding, unfolding like lungs) and hang up something like this...


a noose and a cross, on a disc golf course?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Round one I came out the gate putting like a demon, ching-ching-ching. WTF? The last few days I couldn't putt the disc into Oprah Winfrey's shoe closet, now I am banging in everything, including this bomb:


Yes that went in. Ching.

Mark is rocking hole 6 here, a beauty, since you can go high hyzer crazy or try to shoot a narrow low gap. Mark lasers one up the teeth.

(If you blow this photo up [click] you will see Mark's disc flying right at the basket)



Round one we come out the fields, and we are in a groove, -2 and -3 entering the thick forest. The woods jump up and grab Mark a bit and I continue to putt well. Round one over.

Sean -6 Mark +1

Round two Mark drops this DRIVE on hole 2. Damn, Mark. That be a birdie. I continued playing well, getting all my birdies in the forest. I do love tech, as you know.



Sean -4 Mark +5



Damn Sean. You have one sweet-azz forehand. (Great photo, Mark. Maybe a future career as a D golf photographer?)

No bogies for me so far today. Mark got a little tree-y.

Let's move on to round three, where we got our asses kicked a bit.

Sean +2 Mark +2

The next two photos will sum up the round nicely.



Mark not happy.



My disc not so happy.

A weird round. Mark was all over the place, dropping incredible birdies and then 5's, a 6. He would drive a hole and park it, then drive into a Heart of Darkness. He was leading by FOUR strokes at hole 17...and we ended up tied. I hacked it up myself. So, Boondocks got us this round.

Can't wait to see many of you in Cincy! Seriously.

I play better in the woods I have learned. Better in the woods. I hope Cincy has woods.

Sean
















1 comment:

LBB said...

Word Verification: podaluc

Thanks Mark for tying Sean one round. You've given us hope.

I'll never have sympathy for Sean again regarding bad putting.