Tuesday, July 28, 2009

09 Worlds

Play began today at the 2009 World Disc Golf Championships in the Kansas City area. Tee-off was at 8:00 am. The first ace recorded was at 8:01 am.

Catch all the action at the PDGA Worlds Media page.

Two pieces of disc golf information I'd like to juxtapose for you:

  1. A couple of days ago, I recorded my longest flat-ground, non-wind-aided, backhand drive of my life: 300 feet, measured to the nearest foot.
  2. The long distance throwing event was held at Worlds yesterday. The winning throw for girls aged 16 or under was 324 feet.
Some other winning throws:
Men's Professional: 577 feet
Boys 13 and under: 462 feet
Women's Professional: 396 feet
Boys 10 and under: 359 feet

The only category that posted a winning throw that I could reach was the Women's Grandmaster (50 years old and older) Advanced division. 243 feet. Even then, I'd probably need several throws to beat it.

No comments: